Here are some events that Cheri is hoping to attend over the next few weeks.
Thursday, April 20:
- Chelsea Park Community Meeting: Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton School, 3rd Floor Staff Room,
Saturday, April 22:
- Councillor Sarah Doucette’s Environment Day!
- Councillor Gord Perks’ Environment Day!
- West Bend Community Association Community Gardens Spring Cleaning: Corner of Edna & Dorval, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Come to Sorauren Park (along Wabash Ave.) on Saturday between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM to dispose of unwanted household items and safely dispose of harmful products. This is you chance to also donate your stuff to local schools and those in need.
For more information check here.
Also take a small portion of the day to clean up your local laneway/alley.
- Unearthing Stories of Lost Wendigo Creek: Green 13 and Toronto Green Community celebrate Earth Day with a walk along the path of lost Wendigo Creek. Along the way we will discover what happened to Wendigo Creek, where the water is now, and learn about the idea of a Blue Green City – how people are getting together to help re-make a more natural water cycle one garden and one park at a time. Walk Leaders: Gib Goodfellow, member of the West Toronto Junction Historical Society and lifetime resident; Helen Mills of Toronto Green Community’s RAINscapeTO and Lost Rivers: Meet at Malta Park, Dundas St. W. and St. John’s Road, 2:00 – 4:30 pm
Tuesday, April 25:
- West Bend Community Association: U of T Student Keele St. Study – Final Presentation: Our group of University of Toronto Engineering Students have put together a thorough report on issues and opportunities for the northern section of Keele Street through our neighbourhood. They will be making a public presentation of their work later this month and we encourage anyone interested to attend and show support for the hard work of these students. An overview of their conceptual designs can be found here: Room 220, Galbraith Building, 35 St. George St., University of Toronto, 5:15pm
Saturday, April 29:
- Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields’ Art Fair and Variety Show: St- Martin-in-the-Fields Church, 151 Glenlake Ave, 12pm – 6pm (Art Fair), and 6:30pm (Variety Show)
Monday, May 8:
- Minto High Park Village Development Community Meeting: Lithuania House, 1573 Bloor St. W., 7:00 pm
Thursday, May 18:
- Great West Life Development Community Meeting: Lithuania House, 1573 Bloor St. W., 7:00 pm